As the Trip Coordinator, you will be Ugandan Water Project’s lead for all local community members visiting our operations in Uganda. You’ll prepare and inspire minds as you help team members prepare to serve in Uganda, all the while educating them on how to help without hurting communities. Team members and volunteers will learn responsibility and trip planning alongside your careful coaching. You’ll report to the Director of Operations and work alongside the Executive Director in setting up unique engagements for each team.
- Manage the entire trip planning cycle and ensure every trip is valuable and executed correctly
- Partner with team members and coach them to reach all fundraising and educational goals on time
- Maintain the trip budget, tracking all expenses, managing shortfalls, and ensuring all trips come in under budget
- Work with the UG Team Host to develop each trip itinerary and develop a plan for transportation, food, tourism, and housing
- Refine and re-develop curriculum and team preparation on a regular basis to hone UWP’s approach to teams
- Create impactful post-team activities, communications, and moments to reinforce trip lessons and changes
- Be an ambassador to move team members into new interactions with UWP and help them get involved in giving, volunteering, and fundraising
You’re a Great Fit If:
- You are passionate about the water crisis and its impacts on Uganda, how it shapes the culture, and what reasonable role local communities can play to change the situation
- You have a vibrant passion for the value of cross-cultural experiences and see the mutual exchange of value that occurs when cultures connect.
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- You have impeccable judgement and decision making abilities in the face of unforeseeable challenges that arise out of the unexpected
- You love people and have a track record in successfully engaging all personality types
- You are dependable with tracking, recording, and managing money even in complex situations and high levels of distraction (think dollars/dirhams/and shillings in the middle of a bazaar on 4 hours of sleep)
- You are a solid coach that can help others process life changing experiences
- You create systems based on history and know how to plan so that there is consistency in every task you perform
- You value community both with other office staff and in reaching outside UWP’s walls to be an ambassador for what the project is working to accomplish
Work Frequency: Part-time
About the Ugandan Water Project:
The Ugandan Water Project is a non-profit humanitarian organization working through YOU to provide safe and accessible drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene resources to communities in Uganda. We implement relational solutions that help Ugandans sustainably pull themselves out of poverty so they can live the lives they were created for. Currently, the Ugandan Water Project has served over 130,000 Ugandans.