As the Finance Intern, you will gain valuable international business experience while using your skills and talents to bring clean water to impoverished communities. You’ll learn about the water crisis, its impact on Uganda, and thoughtful approaches to solving a problem faced by millions. You’ll work alongside the Director of Operations, staff in our US office, and staff in Uganda and see how concepts learned in the classroom can be directly applied to work in around the world.
- Learn appropriate GAAP accounting methods for non-profit organizations and apply them to financial reporting
- Acquire experience with a number or popular financial enterprise systems such as Sage, QuickBooks, and Salesforce
- Interact with staff in the US and UG offices, gaining an understanding of how to work cross-culturally
- Make bold suggestions that you come up with as you take part in operational problem-solving
- Develop your leadership skills through a coaching-focused work environment
You’re a Great Fit If:
- You have a desire to see how financial theory and practice can be used to solve social and economic issues
- You are coachable and dependable
- You want more from an internship than just an office experience
- You have an eye for detail and want to see a project completed correctly the first time
- You are not afraid to speak up, ask questions, and let others know when you are unsure how to complete tasks or cannot finish tasks on time
Work Frequency: Part-time
Location: Lima or Honeoye Falls, NY
About the Ugandan Water Project:
The Ugandan Water Project is a non-profit humanitarian organization working through YOU to provide safe and accessible drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene resources to communities in Uganda. We implement relational solutions that help Ugandans sustainably pull themselves out of poverty so they can live the lives they were created for. Currently, the Ugandan Water Project has served over 130,000 Ugandans.